- ISIL undermines regional security: KarzaiAT-KABUL: The former president Hamid Karzai on Monday said that the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL) was undermining the regional security. Addressing the First annual Non-Governmental Forum Read More
- Gen. Raziq slams NDS-ISI dealAT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Kandahar police chief, General Abdul Raziq, has criticized the memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the National Directorate of Security (NDS) and Pakistan’s
- 20 killed in fighting between Taliban, IS in FarahAT-KABUL: Fighting between the Taliban and the Islamic State (IS) fighters in western Farah province led to killing of more than 20 militants from both sides. Hanif Razai, a spokesman of the
- Lawmakers concerned over formation of militia in northAT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: A number of lawmakers and defense analysts expressed concerns over formation of a local militia in Afghanistan’s north. They said that the move might result in civil wars,
- Wolesi Jirga to summon intelligence officials, Atmar over NDS-ISI dealAbdul Zuhoor Qayomi-KABUL: The Wolesi Jirga (WJ) or Lower House of the parliament has decided to call up the adviser of the National Security Council (NSC), Muhammad Hanif Atmar, and the National
AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: The fifth ‘Heart of Asia’ conference which was launched in Islamabad on Monday is vital for Afghanistan and as well as it will enable the regional countries to find better Read More
Afghan officials reject reports of Gillani’s son presence in Afghanistan AT-KABUL: The ex-prime minister of Pakistan, Yusuf Raza Gillani, had telephonic conversion with his abducted son for the Read More
- Wushu Competition Kicks-Off in KabulMay 23, 2015
- ACB, Alokozay Group ink 10-year sponsorship agreementMay 18, 2015
- India vows to support Afghan cricketMay 15, 2015
- Girls Karate Tournament Held in KabulMay 2, 2015
- Insecurity halts inaugural matches of 2018 FIFA World Cup in Afghanistan: AFFApril 30, 2015
- Afghan cricket captain vows to face challengesApril 24, 2015
- Nabi to resign as cricket team captainApril 19, 2015
- Scant resources mar volley ball team for taking part in domestic, int’l eventsApril 17, 2015
Nearly 1,000 Afghan refugees detained in Pakistan AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: As many as 1,000 Afghan refugees were detained by Pakistani police in Punjab district of Pakistan, media reports said Saturd...
Shah Rukh Khan gifts bike to Afghan American WASHINGTON: For Najira, an Afghan American and her husband Jimmy Sunday night would remain etched on their memory as a memorable time in their life. T...
Pakistan nurturing ISIS in Afghanistan to gain access to Central Asia: Faizi AT-KABUL: Following conflicting reports on presence of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters in Afghanistan, spokesman to the ex-Preside...
‘Heart of Asia’ conference vital for Afghanistan: Official AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: The fifth ‘Heart of Asia’ conference which was launched in Islamabad on Monday is vital for Afghanistan and as well as it wi...
Schism in power corridor hinders development: Massoud AT-KABUL: As the country’s economy is dwindling and most of uplift projects have been left incomplete, the President’s Special Envoy for Reforms and G...
ISIL undermines regional security: Karzai AT-KABUL: The former president Hamid Karzai on Monday said that the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIL) was undermining the regional security. Add...
AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Khalida Noori, 24, an Afghan girl who is fighting for women’s right in southern Kandahar province, has been awarded the Madeleine K. Albright Award in the United States, Read More
By Abdul Zuhoor Qayomi-Kabul City, the capital of Afghanistan, has seen many kings and generals roaring, crying, smiling and dying. Some were invaders and several were settlers. However, it is not Read More
KABUL: NATO troops leaving Afghanistan have left behind them a legacy of unexploded ordinance that is killing civilians at the rate of more than one a day, the majority of whom are children. Since Read More
By Akhtar M. Nikzad: AT-Indian industrialists and exporters are deeply interested to have trade ties with Afghanistan but they said the trade ties between Kabul and New Delhi have been slow due to Read More
By Akhtar M. Nikzad Poverty is a nightmare, continuously haunting over 80 percent Afghans. The decades old conflicts and loopholes in the financial and judicial systems are termed as main cause. Read More
Facebook has created the ability for users to connect directly to the social network via anonymising "dark web" service Tor. While it was already possible to access Facebook via Tor, the new set-up Read More
Cartoon Of The Day
Kabul Weather Updates
Current conditions for Kabul as of Mon, 25 May 2015 9:21 pm AFT
Feels like: 15 °C
Barometer: 1015.92 mb and rising
Visibility: 9.99 km
Dewpoint: 14 °C
Wind: 20.92 km/h
Sunrise: 4:44 am
Sunset: 6:56 pmPowered by Yahoo! Weather
Pakistan must exert whatever clout it has over Afghan Taliban to push them towards peace talks with Kabul: RahimullahYousufzai
KABUL: A renowned journalist from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Rahimullah Yousufzai said that Pakistan should exert whatever influence it has over the Afghan Taliban to help the Afghan peace process as the Read More
By Farhad Naibkhel-Talents lurk around every corner of Afghanistan but need support to lead the war-torn country towards further progress. An Afghan innovator Mustafa, who with fewer facilities made Read More
By Abdul Zuhoor Qayomi: Historical monuments and artifacts depict cultural background of a nation, that’s why countries allocate sufficient amount for the preservation of historical sites. However, Read More