- Security forces ready to forestall ISIS threat: SeddiqiAT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Amid rising concerns over presence and activities of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in different parts of the country, an official in the Ministry of Interior Read More
- Work on CASA-1000 to kick off soonAT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) said Tuesday that work on CASA-1000 power transition project will kick off in near future as the stakeholders during a meeting have
- Girls urged to use education as a medium for changeAT-LAGHMAN: In a conference held here, the speakers encouraged young girls to pursue education and use knowledge as weapon for social change. Hundreds of young girls attended the conference on women
- Civil society urge for exemplary punishment to Farkhunda’s killersBy Farhad Naibkhel-KABUL: A cluster of civil rights groups on Tuesday asked the government for exemplary punishment to all those who were involved in killing of Farkhunda. Farkhunda, who was wrongly
- Trucks overloading damaged 40pc roads: Kabul MunicipalityAbdul Zuhoor Qayomi-KABUL: Overloading of the trucks destroyed around 40 percent of roads in the capital city, said Kabul Municipality on Tuesday. In a press conference here, the deputy mayor of
AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Amid rising concerns over presence and activities of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in different parts of the country, an official in the Ministry of Interior Read More
AT Monitoring Desk KABUL: As many as 3.5 tons of Afghan heroin worth more than $1 billion has been seized by Russia's law enforcement agencies in 2014, a report said Monday. An Indian news Read More
AT Monitoring Desk KABUL: Residents and local officials in northern Sar-e-Pul province expressed their deep concerns over mounting insecurity in the province. They said that if the situation Read More
- Afghan futsal team flexes muscles for AFC championshipMarch 29, 2015
- CAFA championship: Afghan U-15 football squad off to JapanMarch 22, 2015
- Afghanistan vow to ‘come back stronger’ after World Cup experienceMarch 13, 2015
- Afghanistan to take part in U-15 CAFA eventMarch 13, 2015
- International Women’s Day: Female volleyball team play for women’s rightsMarch 8, 2015
- Cricket World Cup: Afghanistan shock Scotland in final overFebruary 26, 2015
- Afghanistan wins against UAE in second warm-upFebruary 13, 2015 1
- Afghanistan wins second warm up match against Australian clubFebruary 6, 2015
By Akhtar M. Nikzad-Kabul: The Minister of Public Works, Ferozuddin Feroz, branded the former officials of the ministry of as incompetent. Feroz told a press conference the other day that former Read More
Nearly 1,000 Afghan refugees detained in Pakistan AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: As many as 1,000 Afghan refugees were detained by Pakistani police in Punjab district of Pakistan, media reports said Saturd...
Shah Rukh Khan gifts bike to Afghan American WASHINGTON: For Najira, an Afghan American and her husband Jimmy Sunday night would remain etched on their memory as a memorable time in their life. T...
Ghani in Munich and war on terror As new threats have started emerging in the Arab peninsula, President Ashraf Ghani called on the international community at the Munich Security Confer...
War on terror and human losses in Afghanistan And here comes a grisly report on human losses—the losses this nation sustained in the US war on terror during the past 14 years. This figure is horri...
Security forces ready to forestall ISIS threat: Seddiqi AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Amid rising concerns over presence and activities of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in different parts of the co...
Efforts on to decide timeframe and venue for peace talks: MoFA AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) said that efforts are underway to determine timeframe and venue of peace talks with t...
KABUL: NATO troops leaving Afghanistan have left behind them a legacy of unexploded ordinance that is killing civilians at the rate of more than one a day, the majority of whom are children. Since Read More
By Akhtar M. Nikzad: AT-Indian industrialists and exporters are deeply interested to have trade ties with Afghanistan but they said the trade ties between Kabul and New Delhi have been slow due to Read More
By Akhtar M. Nikzad Poverty is a nightmare, continuously haunting over 80 percent Afghans. The decades old conflicts and loopholes in the financial and judicial systems are termed as main cause. Read More
Facebook has created the ability for users to connect directly to the social network via anonymising "dark web" service Tor. While it was already possible to access Facebook via Tor, the new set-up Read More
Cartoon Of The Day
Kabul Weather Updates
Current conditions for Kabul as of Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:21 am AFT
Feels like: 12 °C
Barometer: 982.05 mb and steady
Visibility: 9.99 km
Dewpoint: 8 °C
Wind: 14.48 km/h
Sunrise: 5:42 am
Sunset: 6:13 pmPowered by Yahoo! Weather
By Edriss Akbary-Since the government has upped the ante in peace talks with the Taliban, many Afghan gurus on regional affairs lay emphasis on specification of the agenda. Jawed Kohistani, a Read More