- Kabul, Tehran agree on intelligence cooperation to fight drugs, terrorism
- “Lack of heavy weaponry mars security forces’ capacity in Sar-i-Pul”
- Ghani leaves for Iran to take up trade, transit issues with Tehran
- MPs slammed as 31 abducted passengers still in militants’ clutches
- Developer of prototype tri-wheeler is caught in uncertainty
- Kabul, Tehran agree on intelligence cooperation to fight drugs, terrorismKABUL: Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has said that his country and neighboring Afghanistan have agreed on intelligence and security cooperation as part of efforts to combat illicit drugs Read More
- “Lack of heavy weaponry mars security forces’ capacity in Sar-i-Pul”AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Hinting at mounting insecurity in northern Sar-i-Pul province, local security officials have said that lack of heavy weapons has marred their mission to bring law-and-order
- Ghani leaves for Iran to take up trade, transit issues with TehranAT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: President Ashraf Ghani would leave for Iran today (Sunday) on two-day official visit and will discuss issues of mutual interest with Iranian authorities. Tasnim News Agency
- MPs slammed as 31 abducted passengers still in militants’ clutchesBy Akhtar M. Nikzad-KABUL: Lambasting members of the Wolesi Jirga (WJ) for their failure to address grievance of public and accelerate efforts to release the 31 passengers who were abducted in
- Developer of prototype tri-wheeler is caught in uncertaintyBy Farhad Naibkhel-Talents lurk around every corner of Afghanistan but need support to lead the war-torn country towards further progress. An Afghan innovator Mustafa, who with fewer facilities made
Italy's coastguard rescued 144 from ship off Libya, but survivors tell Save the Children that hundreds were on board. Survivors of a capsized migrant boat off Libya have told the aid group Save the Read More
- Scant resources mar volley ball team for taking part in domestic, int’l eventsApril 17, 2015
- Afghanistan Draws Japan, Singapore in World Cup QualifierApril 14, 2015
- Afghan futsal team flexes muscles for AFC championshipMarch 29, 2015
- CAFA championship: Afghan U-15 football squad off to JapanMarch 22, 2015
- Afghanistan vow to ‘come back stronger’ after World Cup experienceMarch 13, 2015
- Afghanistan to take part in U-15 CAFA eventMarch 13, 2015
- International Women’s Day: Female volleyball team play for women’s rightsMarch 8, 2015
- Cricket World Cup: Afghanistan shock Scotland in final overFebruary 26, 2015
By Akhtar M. Nikzad-Kabul: The Minister of Public Works, Ferozuddin Feroz, branded the former officials of the ministry of as incompetent. Feroz told a press conference the other day that former Read More
Nearly 1,000 Afghan refugees detained in Pakistan AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: As many as 1,000 Afghan refugees were detained by Pakistani police in Punjab district of Pakistan, media reports said Saturd...
Pakistan nurturing ISIS in Afghanistan to gain access to Central Asia: Faizi AT-KABUL: Following conflicting reports on presence of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters in Afghanistan, spokesman to the ex-Preside...
Ghani in Munich and war on terror As new threats have started emerging in the Arab peninsula, President Ashraf Ghani called on the international community at the Munich Security Confer...
Looming terror bid foiled in Laghman: NDS MEHTARLAM: Security officials detained a group of militants in eastern Laghman province, thwarting a looming terror bid, the National Directorate of S...
Kabul, Tehran agree on intelligence cooperation to fight drugs, terrorism KABUL: Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has said that his country and neighboring Afghanistan have agreed on intelligence and security cooperation as...
Terror and grief in Jalalabad They did it for the first time. And their attack was really horrific. It shook the brain of the security apparatus as well as the nation. Now we are f...
By Abdul Zuhoor Qayomi-Kabul City, the capital of Afghanistan, has seen many kings and generals roaring, crying, smiling and dying. Some were invaders and several were settlers. However, it is not Read More
KABUL: NATO troops leaving Afghanistan have left behind them a legacy of unexploded ordinance that is killing civilians at the rate of more than one a day, the majority of whom are children. Since Read More
By Akhtar M. Nikzad: AT-Indian industrialists and exporters are deeply interested to have trade ties with Afghanistan but they said the trade ties between Kabul and New Delhi have been slow due to Read More
By Akhtar M. Nikzad Poverty is a nightmare, continuously haunting over 80 percent Afghans. The decades old conflicts and loopholes in the financial and judicial systems are termed as main cause. Read More
Facebook has created the ability for users to connect directly to the social network via anonymising "dark web" service Tor. While it was already possible to access Facebook via Tor, the new set-up Read More
Cartoon Of The Day
Kabul Weather Updates
Current conditions for Kabul as of Sun, 19 Apr 2015 7:21 pm AFT
Light Rain Shower
Feels like: 13 °C
Barometer: 982.05 mb and rising
Visibility: 9.99 km
Dewpoint: 12 °C
Wind: 19.31 km/h
Sunrise: 5:18 am
Sunset: 6:28 pmPowered by Yahoo! Weather
By Farhad Naibkhel-Talents lurk around every corner of Afghanistan but need support to lead the war-torn country towards further progress. An Afghan innovator Mustafa, who with fewer facilities made Read More
By Abdul Zuhoor Qayomi: Historical monuments and artifacts depict cultural background of a nation, that’s why countries allocate sufficient amount for the preservation of historical sites. However, Read More