- MoFA sacks tens of senior diplomatsAT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: At least 40 senior Afghan diplomats including 11 ambassadors were sacked due to over age and not meeting the norms of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), said reports Read More
- Ghani stresses on protection of environment, potable waterAT-KABUL: President Ashraf Ghani called on concerned officials to take all necessary measures to resolve the issue of lack of clean potable water in Kabul city. In a meeting with members of City
- Kabul districts get new chiefsAT-KABUL: The Ministry of Interior has appointed new police chiefs at all police districts of Kabul. Kabul Police Chief, Abdur Rahman Rahimi, said that following the procedure the new chiefs were
- Council formed for better liaison between govt, childrenAT-KABUL: The Mobile Mini-Circus for Children (MMCC) and the Afghan Educational Children’s Circus (AECC) established a council for children to convey their problems in better manner to the relevant
- Eight civilians killed in Nangarhar bomb blastsAT-KABUL: At least eight civilians were killed and three others injured in two separate roadside bomb blasts in eastern Nangarhar province on Monday, provincial police said. The first blast took
The prime minister has defended the security services amid criticisms they failed to stop Mohammed Emwazi, known as 'Jihadi John', from joining Islamic State in Syria. David Cameron said the Read More
- Cricket World Cup: Afghanistan shock Scotland in final overFebruary 26, 2015
- Afghanistan wins against UAE in second warm-upFebruary 13, 2015 1
- Afghanistan wins second warm up match against Australian clubFebruary 6, 2015
- AFF announces football squad against PakistanJanuary 31, 2015 1
- World Cup 2015: National squad off to AustraliaJanuary 30, 2015
- Afghanistan football gears up for friendly match against PakistanJanuary 26, 2015
- Female athletes in the quest for facilitiesJanuary 18, 2015
- Ireland cricketers beaten by 71 runs against AfghanistanJanuary 17, 2015
Nearly 1,000 Afghan refugees detained in Pakistan AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: As many as 1,000 Afghan refugees were detained by Pakistani police in Punjab district of Pakistan, media reports said Saturd...
Shah Rukh Khan gifts bike to Afghan American WASHINGTON: For Najira, an Afghan American and her husband Jimmy Sunday night would remain etched on their memory as a memorable time in their life. T...
Gunmen kill cop in Lashkargah AT-LASHKARGAH: Unknown armed men killed a police check-post commander on Saturday in the capital city of Helmand province, sources said. Spokesman to...
Electoral anomalies The eye-opening investigation of the Independent Electoral Complaints Commission (IECC) about industrial-scale rigging in the last year’s presidential...
MoFA sacks tens of senior diplomats AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: At least 40 senior Afghan diplomats including 11 ambassadors were sacked due to over age and not meeting the norms of the Mi...
Ghani stresses on protection of environment, potable water AT-KABUL: President Ashraf Ghani called on concerned officials to take all necessary measures to resolve the issue of lack of clean potable water in K...
KABUL: NATO troops leaving Afghanistan have left behind them a legacy of unexploded ordinance that is killing civilians at the rate of more than one a day, the majority of whom are children. Since Read More
By Akhtar M. Nikzad: AT-Indian industrialists and exporters are deeply interested to have trade ties with Afghanistan but they said the trade ties between Kabul and New Delhi have been slow due to Read More
By Akhtar M. Nikzad Poverty is a nightmare, continuously haunting over 80 percent Afghans. The decades old conflicts and loopholes in the financial and judicial systems are termed as main cause. Read More
Facebook has created the ability for users to connect directly to the social network via anonymising "dark web" service Tor. While it was already possible to access Facebook via Tor, the new set-up Read More
Cartoon Of The Day
Kabul Weather Updates
Current conditions for Kabul as of Tue, 03 Mar 2015 7:20 am AFT
Feels like: 2 °C
Barometer: 1015.92 mb and rising
Visibility: 5 km
Dewpoint: 0 °C
Wind: 12.87 km/h
Sunrise: 6:20 am
Sunset: 5:51 pmPowered by Yahoo! Weather
Govt fails to purchase manuscripts from citizens, foreigners By Abdul Zuhoor Qayomi: National Archives is located in Deh-e-Afghanan area of Kabul City. Cultural and historical documents of Read More
AT-KABUL: In a well-coordinated attack, several suicide bombers on Tuesday afternoon stormed the Logar police headquarter killing at least 20 policemen and leaving eight others seriously injured. A Read More